Transmission Warranty & Policies
XCALLIBER warrants that it will replace, repair or refund at its sole option, any XCALLIBER remanufactured transmission supplied by XCALLIBER, which is defective in material or workmanship, per the warranty allowed. The XCALLIBER warranty covers the transmission and torque converter for 2 years**, unlimited mileage. This warranty covers removal and installation labor (see Maximum warranty labor allowance) and round-trip domestic shipping (continental U.S. only) for the entirety of the warranty period. This warranty is limited to the first retail purchaser of the remanufactured transmission (“the Purchaser”). Regarding 1000/GM Series Transmissions, (Performance & Non-performance models) this warranty only covers units installed in passenger car/truck, non-commercial applications. This warranty is limited to defects in workmanship and material furnished by XCALLIBER and is not an unconditional guarantee against all hazards or failures (see Exclusions and Limitations to Limited Warranty). If it is determined that a remanufactured transmission or part furnished by XCALLIBER, is defective in workmanship or material, XCALLIBER, will allow a labor allowance, some restrictions apply (see Maximum Warranty Labor Allowance). The labor allowance shall be credited to purchaser only upon a determination that a remanufactured transmission or a part supplied by XCALLIBER is defective in material or workmanship.
The limited warranty period begins on the original date of sale to the retail purchaser. In the event a replacement remanufactured transmission is provided to the purchaser the warranty period does not start over on the date the purchaser is supplied with the replacement. The warranty period runs from the original date of sale to the purchaser and is not extended by supply of a replacement. There are no warranties that extend beyond the description herein. XCALLIBER transfers only such title of rights as it has on the goods it sells. No statement or undertaking whether a condition, warranty or otherwise, is given by XCALLIBER that the goods do not compromise or include patented, and registered or protected designs inventions or equipment or trademark or copyright material. The above limited warranty is void and will not apply in the event the purchaser does not follow the vehicle manufacturer’s instruction or in any way abuses the vehicle. In the event that any provision of this warranty should be or become invalid or unenforceable because of any laws or court action, the remaining terms and conditions hereof shall remain in full force and effect.
2 Year Warranty Coverage for these Allison® Models
- Performance Transmissions - RED, PLATINUM, BLACK MODELS.
- 1000/2000/2400 Series
**Allison legacy models, specialty on-highway models, off highway models and oil field applications typically will have a shorter warranty period, please inquire within if your transmission model isn’t shown listed above
Exclusions/Limitations to the Warranty – All Allison® Transmission Models
This Limited Warranty does not warrant against, nor cover damage/loss due to the following:
- MISUSE, MAINTENANCE NEGLECT, ABUSE, VANDALISM, ABNORMAL OPERATION & ACCIDENTS.
- DEFECTIVE OR IMPROPER INSTALLATION (FAILURE TO PERFORM RESETS OR RE-LEARN PROPERLY)
- ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS, OVERHEATING OR FREEZE CRACKS
- LACK OF, OR USE OF IMPROPER LUBRICANTS OR FLUIDS (FAILURE TO USE APPROVED TRANSMISSION FLUID)
- IMPROPER COOLING SYSTEM, OR COOLER FLUSHING
- FAILURES TO COMPONENTS OR PARTS NOT FURNISHED BY XCALLIBER, OR OTHERWISE APPROVED BY XCALLIBER AND/OR ALLISON FOR INSTALLATION, OR COMPONENTS OR PARTS UNSUITABLE FOR USE WITH A WARRANTED REMANUFACTURED ALLISON TRANSMISSION.
- ABNORMAL WEAR AND TEAR, OR USE OF A REMANUFACTURED ALLISON TRANSMISSION FROM WHICH IT WAS ORIGINALLY INTENDED, OR A CHANGE FROM ORIGINAL APPLICATION.
Exclusions/ Limitations to the Warranty – Performance Allison®/GM Transmissions Only
This Limited Warranty does not warrant against, nor cover damage/loss due to the following.
- MODIFICATION WITH AFTERMARKET PERFORMANCE PARTS – INCLUDING ELECTRICAL
- BROKEN SHAFTS, (STOCK OR BILLET), BILLET P2 CARRIERS, BILLET C2 HUBS, CASES, OR SPRAGS: ARE NOT WARRANTIED UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE.
- USE OF NON-APPROVED ALLISON/GM TRANSMISSION TUNING OR TCM’S. (ENGINE CONVERSION PACKAGES)
- SOME OF OUR TRANSMISSIONS MAY REQUIRE ADDITIONAL UPGRADES AS DEEMED SUITED BY XCALLIBER. IF THE RECOMMENDED UPGRADES ARE NOT PURCHASED AND THE TRANSMISSION FAILS DUE TO A LACK OF NON-UPGRADED PARTS, THE RESPECTIVE WARRANTY WILL BE VOIDED.
- TRANSMISSIONS PURCHASED WITHOUT A TORQUE CONVERTER, OR INSTALLATION OF A DIFFERENT CONVERTER OTHER THAN A TORQUE CONVERTER SUPPLIED BY XCALLIBER, WILL NOT BE WARRANTIED UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE.
This Limited Warranty DOES NOT COVER OR PROVIDE CREDIT for the following: Replacement fluids or other substances; towing charges, vehicle rental or other substitute transportation; diagnostic time, labor (except as set forth herein) or service call; gaskets or other parts (transmission or other items) associated with but not included with this limited warranty; transportation charges or lodging; loss of time, income, sales or profits; loss of the use of the vehicle; telephone calls or communication expense; lift, truck or storage fees; tine-ups or replacement of hoses or maintenance items; routine or regularly required maintenance; injury or death to persons or damage or destruction of property; or, consequential, incidental or punitive damages.
Transmission Warranty - Unit Labor Allowance
A labor allowance may be issued upon at XCALLIBER’s discretion. A labor allowance may only be issued in the warranty period per the allowed warranty. XCALLIBER may supply the purchaser with a replacement, remanufactured transmission or repair the defective unit at its sole discretion. To receive a labor allowance, the purchaser must have first contacted the office where the remanufactured transmission was purchased and speak with XCALLIBER’s Technical Departments. The Purchaser must receive an RMA number for the transmission. XCALLIBER MUST HAVE BEEN CONTACTED PRIOR to the removal of the transmission that is allegedly defective. Upon receiving the allegedly defective transmission, XCALLIBER will thoroughly inspect, analyze and determine the reason for failure. Valid reasons for an allowance to be issued include: remanufacturing error, part failure, and torque converter failure. Installer, vehicle, wrong application or other (no problem found) claims will NOT receive labor allowance. In addition, XCALLIBER reserves the right to invoice the purchaser for any incurred diagnostics time, freight, installation damage, abuse and damage due to improper cooling system flushing. Labor allowance credits will be given pursuant to the following schedule.
Maximum Warranty Labor Allowance
Motor Book Labor Time Guide @ $65.00/hr. with a maximum labor allowance per transmission listed below
No other credits shall be provided by XCALLIBER other than specified above. If you have questions, please call our technical support line at 800.682.1290 X-109. Business hours: Monday-Friday 8:00am to 4:30pm EST (hours subject to change)
Conditions to Coverage
This Limited Warranty is subject to the conditions set forth below. Failure to comply with these conditions will void this Limited Warranty.
The Purchaser must follow the claims procedure described when making a claim or this warranty will be void and of no force and effect
- A remanufactured transmission that is furnished as a replacement under this Limited Warranty for a remanufactured transmission found to be defective, is warranted only for the unexpired warranty period remaining on the original defective remanufactured transmission.
- This Limited Warranty is of no force or effect, while any payments for remanufactured transmission, parts or other charges remain outstanding.
Transmission Warranty Claim Procedure
In the event your Xcalliber transmission doesn’t initially perform properly, you MUST proceed with the following steps: This statement doesn’t assume there is a transmission problem, just a performance issue.
- Call our Technical Hotline at 800.682.1290, X109 and ask to speak with one of our technicians. You will need to provide us with the original invoice number of the transmission in question, so we may access the transmission history (i.e. dynamometer test data, invoice & vehicle information).
- We will analyze the problem and determine the next steps. In many cases, our technical support personnel will be able to analyze the problem and recommend adjustments that will eliminate the need for a replacement transmission.
- Should our technician be unable to resolve the problem, you may request that a Warranty Claim be initiated. You must fill out this form here prior to submitting your warranty claim.
- It is customary for XCALLIBER to receive the defective transmission back in advance prior to sending out a new transmission. This is done to protect all parties involved as we determine the failure, or cause of the failure, and remedy the problem.
- We will issue an send you an RMA# via email or fax. Issuing this RMA does NOT in any way imply liability. It is essential that an RMA number be obtained for any labor credit to be allowed or approved.
- Drain ALL transmission fluid from the unit. Install the torque converter retaining brackets and the electrical connector protective covers originally provided with your transmission.
- Carefully repackage the transmission as it was originally shipped to you. If it was shipped in a plastic POD, carefully place the transmission in the POD and tighten the internal straps to hold the transmission in place. If it was shipped to you on a wooden pallet, place and strap the transmission securely to the pallet. Place a copy of the RMA document provided securely to the transmission pallet.
- Contact us at 800.682.1290 when ready, reference your RMA # and we will schedule pick up to return the transmission for evaluation.
- Failure to follow this procedure may void your warranty claim.
- You can also fill out the online form here.
In the rare event that XCALLIBER sends a replacement transmission, the replacement transmission will be invoiced at the standard price and freight. Upon receiving the defective transmission, a “warranty” credit will be issued for the value of the transmission and freight, therefore offsetting the new invoice charge. Credit will be issued provided the serial number returned is still under warranty and it is deemed to be defective.