DEFEO warrants that it will replace, repair or refund at its sole option, any Xcalliber remanufactured transmission or part supplied by DEFEO, which is defective in material or workmanship, per the warranty allowed. The DEFEO warranty covers the transmission and torque converter for 2 years unlimited mileage. This warranty covers removal and installation labor (see below) for the 1st year and round trip shipping for the entirety of the warranty period. This warranty is limited to the first retail purchaser of the remanufactured transmission (“the Purchaser”). Regarding 1000 Series Transmissions, (Performance or Non-performance models) this warranty only covers units installed in Passenger car/truck, NON-COMMERCIAL applications. This warranty is limited to defects in workmanship and material furnished by DEFEO and is not an unconditional guarantee against all hazards or failures (see Exclusions and Limitations to Limited Warranty).
If it is determined that a remanufactured transmission or part furnished by DEFEO, is defective in workmanship or material, DEFEO, will allow a labor allowance, some restrictions apply, see “Warranty Labor Allowance”. The labor allowance shall be credited to Purchaser only upon a determination that a remanufactured transmission or a part supplied by Defeo is defective in material or workmanship. The limited warranty period begins on the original date of sale to the retail Purchaser. In the event a replacement remanufactured transmission is provided to the Purchaser the warranty people does not start over on the date the Purchaser is supplied with the replacement. The warranty period runs from the original date of sale to the Purchaser and is not extended by supply of a replacement.
There are no warranties that extend beyond the description herein. All other warranties express or implied, including but not limited to, all warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose are hereby disclaimed and excluded by Defeo. Defeo transfers only such title of rights as it has on the goods it sells. No statement or undertaking whether a condition, warranty or otherwise, is given by Defeo that the goods do not compromise or include patented, and registered or protected designs inventions or equipment or trademark or copyright material. The above limited warranty is void and will not apply in the event the Purchaser does not follow the vehicle manufacturer’s instruction or in any way abuses the vehicle. The above warranty does not apply to goods supplied to vehicles used for racing or any type of vehicular competition. In the event that any provision of this warranty should be or become invalid or unenforceable because of any laws or court action, the remaining terms and conditions hereof shall remain in full force and effect.
Exclusions and Limitations to Limited Warranty
This Limited Warranty does not warrant against and does not cover damage or loss due to the following:
- MISUSE, MAINTENANCE NEGLECT, ABUSE, VANDALISM, ABNORMAL OPERATION, COMMERCIAL SNOW REMOVAL OR ACCIDENTS
- DEFECTIVE OR IMPROPER INSTALLATION
- ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS, OVERHEATING OR FREEZE CRACKS
- LACK OF, OR USE OF IMPROPER LUBRICANTS OR FLUIDS
- IMPROPER COOLING SYSTEM, OR COOLER FLUSHING
- FAILURES TO COMPONENTS OR PARTS NOT FURNISHED BY DEFEO OR OTHERWISE APPROVED BY DEFEO FOR INSTALLATION, OR COMPONENTS OR PARTS UNSUITABLE FOR USE WITH A WARRANTED REMANUFACTURED TRANSMISSION OR PART
- ABNORMAL WEAR AND TEAR OR USE OF A REMANUFACTURED TRANMISSION OR PART FROM WHICH IT WAS ORIGINALLY INTENDED OR A CHANGE FROM ORIGINAL APPLICATION
- MODIFICATION WITH AFTERMARKET PERFORMANCE PARTS – INCLUDING ELECTRICAL
- USE OUTSIDE THE 48 CONTIGUOUS STATES
- BROKEN SHAFTS, CASES, OR SPRAGS: STOCK OR BILLET ARE NOT COVERED UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE
- USE OF NON-APPROVED TRANSMISSION TUNING
This Limited Warranty does not cover or provide credit for the following: Replacement fluids or other substances; towing charges, vehicle rental or other substitute transportation; diagnostic time, labor (except as set forth herein) or service call; gaskets or other parts or items associated with but not included with this limited warranty; transportation charges or lodging; loss of time, income, sales or profits; loss of the use of the vehicle; telephone calls or communication expense; lift, truck or storage fees; tine-ups or replacement of hoses or maintenance items; routine or regularly required maintenance; injury or death to persons or damage or destruction of property; or, consequential, incidental or punitive damages.
Conditions to Coverage
This Limited Warranty is subject to the conditions set forth below. Failure to comply with these conditions will void this Limited Warranty.
- The Purchaser must follow the claims procedure described when making a claim or this warranty will be void and of no force and effect
- A remanufactured transmission or part that is furnished as a replacement under this Limited Warranty for a remanufactured transmission or part found to be defective is warranted only for the unexpired warranty period remaining on the original defective remanufactured transmission or part.
- This warranty is limited to one replacement transmission during the warranty period. This Limited Warranty is of no force or effect while any payments for remanufactured transmission or parts remain outstanding. Claims for transmission parts must be made at the initial delivery to the Purchaser of the remanufactured transmission.
Warranty Unit Labor Allowance
(Only applicable for the first year, then no labor allowance is covered)
A labor allowance may be issued upon at DEFEO’s discretion. A labor allowance may only be issued in the warranty period per the allowed warranty. DEFEO may supply the Purchaser with a replacement, remanufactured transmission or repair the defective unit at its sole discretion. In order to receive a labor allowance, the Purchaser must have first contacted the office where the remanufactured transmission was purchase and speak with DEFEO’s Technical Departments. The Purchaser must receive a claim reference number for the transmission. DEFEO must have been contacted prior to the removal of the transmission that is allegedly defective. Upon receiving the allegedly defective transmission, DEFEO will thoroughly inspect, analyze and determine the reason for failure. Valid reasons for an allowance to be issued include: remanufacturing error, part failure, and torque converter failure. Installer, vehicle, wrong application or other (no problem found) claims will not receive labor allowance. In addition, DEFEO reserves the right to bill the purchaser for any installation damage, abuse and damage due to improper cooling system flushing. Labor allowance credits will be given pursuant to the following schedule.
Warranty Labor Allowance
(Only applicable for the first year, then no labor allowance is covered)
Motor Book Labor Time Guide @ $65.00 per hour with a cap of $350 per transmission. No other labor allowance credit shall be provided by Defeo other than specified above.
If you have questions, please call our technical support line, 203-775-0254 x 109.Business hours: Monday-Friday 8:00am to 4:30pm EST(hours subject to change)
Warranty Claim Procedure
In the event your Xcalliber transmission doesn’t initially perform properly, the following procedure MUST be followed: This statement doesn’t automatically assume there is a transmission problem, just a performance issue.
- Call our Technical Hotline at 203-775-0254 x 109 and ask to speak with one of our technicians. They will walk you through several important checks. Most problems are easily handled during this process
- If our technician is unable to resolve the problem, you may request that a Warranty Claim be initiated
- Our technician will issue you a Claim Reference Number for tracking purposes. Issuing this Claim Reference Number does not in any way imply liability.
- Any unit that is returned to DEFEO without a claim reference number by a customer intact and is the same as unit type may receive CORE CREDIT ONLY unless the unit is broken then they will receive NO CREDIT
- Drain ALL transmission fluid from the unit, and install the torque converter retaining brackets and the electrical connector protective brackets provided with your remanufactured transmission
- Following our Core Return Procedure, carefully repackage the transmission as it was originally shipped to you. If it was shipped in a plastic POD, carefully place the transmission in the POD and tighten the internal straps to hold the transmission in place. If it was shipped to you on a wooden pallet, place the transmission in the plastic bag, place the bagged transmission on the pallet and secure the transmission to the pallet.
Failure to follow this procedure may void your warranty claim.
How DEFEO Handles Warranty Claims
Whenever a warranty situation arises, it is essential that the customer contact our Technical Service Department at 203-775-0254 x 109. The Technical representative will analyze the problem and determine the next steps. The customer will need to provide us with the original invoice number of the transmission in question along with the mileage of the vehicle and the original date of sale so that we may be able to access the transmission history (i.e. test data/invoice & vehicle information). In many cases, our technical support personnel will be able to analyze the problem and recommend adjustments that will eliminate the need for a replacement transmission. If a warranty unit is required, the technical department will issue an RMA number for the unit. It is essential that an RMA number be obtained in order for any labor credit to be allowed or approved. It is customary for Defeo to receive the defective product back in advance prior to sending out a new transmission. This is done to protect all parties involved as we determine the failure and remedy the problem. When returning a defective transmission to Defeo, the RMA number, along with the serial number must be provided on the packing slip for proper identification. In addition, the defective transmission should be fully assembled and include the torque converter.
In the rare event that Defeo sends a replacement transmission, the replacement transmission will be invoiced at the standard price. Upon receiving the defective transmission, a “warranty” credit will be issued for the value of the transmission therefore offsetting the charge. Credit will be issued provided the serial number returned is still under warranty (time and/or miles) and it is deemed a defect in remanufacturing.
Customer Repair Labor Credits:
Defeo offers technical support whenever necessary. It is our goal to educate our customers by walking them through the test procedures and processes used for on-sign repair. In case there the customer is requesting labor reimbursement, Defeo has instituted a Purchase Order system to track the credits. We have also defined the repairs for which we will issue labor credit and have setup a standard rate defining the amounts. In order to qualify for these credits, the customer must contact our technical support staff and obtain a purchase order number. When parts are found to be the reason for failure, the old parts must be tagged and returned to Defeo for inspection in order for credit to be issued.